The Eco-Building and Forestry nursery’s primary purpose is to grow the plants that we use for our customer’s sustainable landscapes in an environmentally responsible manner. Our trees, shrubs, and wildflowers have been raised with sustainable practices and proven their heartiness in the Central Wisconsin climate. You could say our plants have ‘weathered the storm’ and are mature enough to be transplanted into your landscape with limited protection.
- Plants are grown with little or no pesticides and no chemical fertilizers
- Automated with drip and micro-irrigation for a 90% savings on water
- All cold climate hardy plants
- Birds, bees, snakes, frogs, toads, butterflies and other insects live in harmony in our nursery, but we eat the rabbits!
The inventory we offer is primarily mature plants, which are heartier and increases their chances of thriving when properly transplanted and cared for.
- We have plants to fit most sustainable and restoration landscaping plans, including a wide variety of native evergreens, deciduous, perennials, shrubs, and trees
- Additionally, we have vines, groundcovers, and food plants
- Our plants work in forests, grasslands, and wetlands
- Many of our trees and shrubs are grown in either root control bags or have specialized root pruning for easier transportation and transplanting as well as regrowth success.
How to Buy
Please review our general Nursery Inventory page, but remember, with an ever growing, um, changing inventory, please contact us to let us know what you’re looking for. We have hundreds of varieties available, thus it is impossible to list every plant. We’ll get back to you with what we have on site, and suggested alternatives if applicable. Once we’ve picked out your plants, we’ll send an invoice. Once paid, we’ll prepare the plants and schedule pick up or delivery.
For a full list of tips to ensure your success, please see our Transplanting Tips.
Of course, we’re about more than selling plants. To help you, your plants and your landscape be successful, we offer a wide range of consulting services from site assessments, design, site preparation, delivery, and installation. It is more important that we sell you the right plants for your environment, than we sell you plants that aren’t a good fit.